Wednesday 10 June 2009

Activity 3 - confusing blog

The first blog that I have looked at is called Confessions of a Science Librarian: http://scienceblogs.com/confessions/

I found it confusing to understand who his target audience was, was it other science librarians, friends, or just his own personal online diary. For me the content was very mixed. Some of the content is detailed information about science librarian conferences that he has attended and the next entry are his top five songs. I don't like this mix of content, so from this I'm guessing that a blog should really have a target audience who you can imagine yourself addressing with each entry. I also found the font size of the text to be very small and hard on the eyes to read.

Some of his posts are a little too long and I think that short to the point entries work best.

I did like that he had a photo of himself as it made the blog some more personal

No comments:

Post a Comment